Monday, March 26, 2012

FASHIONISTA SPOTLIGHT: Melanie Tibayan


Put your shades on cause this fashionista is shining bright with style. Melanie Tibayan is a fashion design major with a great interest in cooking, fashion, and blogging. Her blog,chickenandcardigans.com, is beyond amazing. Tibayan shares her love for fashion and food on her blog, and I get hungry just strolling down the pages. Tibayan is always looking amazing on campus so I had to catch her in between one of my classes the next time I saw her. She never cease to amaze me with her wonderful style. I recommend her blog to all fashionistas. 
Name: Melanie Tibayan
Major: Fashion Design
Year: Junior
CollegeFashionista: What struck your interest in fashion?
Melanie Tibayan: My body type struck my interest in fashion. Having a very petite body created problems for me when shopping for clothes, which resulted in me wanting to study fashion design. Because of my interest in fashion, I now know how to design clothes to fit me perfectly.
CF: What's your biggest fashion pet peeve?
MT: My biggest fashion pet peeve are visible panty lines. It can completely ruin an outfit.
CF: What's your most prized position in your closet and why?
MT: My most prized possession in my closet has to be a black and white leaf printed silk blended top my mother used to wear when she was my age. It fits me perfectly and the texture is beautiful.
How To: I love the way she put this outfit together. Tibayan's white crop top is very rocker chic with the openings in the front. If you can't find a shirt like this one a normal white crop top will still look great, or you can make it yourself if you are feeling the need to be creative. Her burnt orange pantsgave her outfit the great subtle color her outfit needed. To top the outfit off her leopard cardiganfinishes the look. Make sure you accessories with a neutral color bag and pair of heels. 
Style On,

Kiara Brown



  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

xxyy said...

great post! love the outfit. xx

http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

Luzia M. said...

Wow! Love the outfit! Your cardigan is perfect! :)

Post a Comment